Digital Photography is on another level these days. It is mainly because all of us own a camera on our phones and the number of the software you can use to edit the images seems to be just unlimited. With these technologies, it is pretty easy to edit the photos in any way we like.
A lot of times we take a photo and it can come out blurry mainly because of the stability. Our hands can get shaky and the lens is unable to focus, this makes the photo pretty blurry.
Today, we will be providing the fix to it using different editing software. So let us get started.
Before starting fixes let you know about the error like – 2147219196 you may get while fixing images.
How to unblur a photo or an image?
Well, the first thing you are going to need is obviously a blurry image. Now, you need to select which Application or Software you want to use to unblur the image. We have talked about 5 image editing software in this article that you can use to unblur an image. So, let us get started.
Using Adobe Photoshop
You can either using base photoshop or use Photoshop elements to unblur the image. We are going to be providing the tutorial for both of these.
You can fix the blur on a photo using just base photoshop as follows:
- Open your image in Photoshop software (you can use the iOS and Android versions too).
- Now duplicate the background later.
- Select the filter, and high pass tabs and set the value to 10%.
- Set the blend mode to hard light and adjust the opacity until the image is clear enough.
With Photoshop Elements, you can follow the instructions below:
- Open your image in Photoshop Elements and go to the filters menu.
- Now select the Enhance option and Unsharp Mask.
- You can now adjust both the radius and amount until the image is sharp enough.
For people who use the newest version of photoshop, you can use the camera sharp reduction. Just follow the steps below:
- First, select your image and open it in Photoshop. Now, select the Filter, Sharpen, and Shake Reduction tab.
- Wait for a minute and let the photoshop do its work and there you go; a sharp image.
Using GIMP Editor
If you cannot afford Photoshop, GIMP becomes a very good alternative for you. It is a free image editor and has almost all the features of photoshop. It can be a bit difficult to use GIMP but you can definitely use it to make cool edits. To unblur an image using the gimp software, follow the steps below:
- Select the blurry image and open it in GIMP
- Now go to the toolbox and select the Blur/Sharpen tool.
- Select the sharpen sub tool and drag it over the image to sharpen it. You can select a particular area of the image to sharpen as well.
- Let the software do the job and there you are. The sharpening is complete.
Download Gimp photo editor from here
Note- Using the above link to download the Gimp photo editor another source may have malware like FileRepMalware.
If you like to edit your image solely on your Android or iOS smartphone and hate using a laptop then you download this free software called Snapseed from the Play Store or the App Store. This app is very good because you have two options to unblur the image, you can sharpen the image and also add detail to the image for increasing its quality.
Similarly, You can use this app to unblur one of the multiple photos pretty quickly. Follow the steps below to unblur the picture:
- Open the Snapseed app and upload the Blurred Image.
- Select the details panel and then choose the Sharpener option to unblur the image.
- After you have unblurred it you can see the additional details in the image.
As the name suggests, Blurity is a tool that specializes in Blurred Images. It can remove the blur that occurs with shaky movement while taking a pic or camera that doesn’t have a great focus. You can use this app for Windows. Blurity can help unblur the images but it is not free.
You can download the free version but it comes with watermarks.
You need to get the paid version to remove all the watermarks and it will cost around 79 dollars. But one benefit you get from this app is that you will be able to unblur everything from photos, notes, bills, etc.
Just open the image with the Blurity app and apply the unblur tool to see the results in no time. It might be a bit pricey but it gets the job done.
Paint.net is just like GIMP but it is an online service and like GIMP, the service is absolutely free. It can help you edit your photos and apply all kinds of effects and edits. GIMP might have some small improvements than Paint.net but this service will also get the job done. When you don’t want to install software for unblurring your pics, you can simply visit this site and get the job done. To unblur an image using Paint.net, follow the steps below:
- Open your image in the Paint.net website and then select the Sharpen option.
- You can find the sharpen option under Effects > Picture.
- There is a slider present in the sharpen popup that you can slide to decrease the blur.
- When you get the appropriate amount of blur, just select Ok and then save your pic.
- If you see noise or less quality in the image while sliding the Sharpen Tool, you can fix it too. Just select the Effects and Noise Reduction tool to decrease any uneven sharpness and increase image quality.
Image editing tools are available everywhere these days. From a smartphone to a computer to even the internet, there are various services you can use. We just scratched the surface with the tutorial for the 5 apps above. You can use any other service you like.
The core process for almost all of this software is the same though. You just open your image in the software, search for tools, and then use the Unblur or Sharpen tool. The best result can be seen in Photoshop because it is more powerful than the rest.
It also requires a powerful machine to run. If you don’t have a powerful machine, you can always use Snapseed on your phone. If you don’t want to use a Phone editor, you can simply visit the Paint.net website and edit the photo on even the most basic laptop. The choices are just endless!