There are a lot of people facing the Dev Error 6368 in the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Call of Duty Warzone. Some get this error while they are starting the game and some get it in the middle of the game. The error is very frequent in the PC and it is driving PC gamers crazy.
Today, we will be taking a look at this error and provide you some of the basic ideas and ways to fix this error once and for all. So, without wasting any time, let us get started at once.
What causes the Dev Error in the Call Of Duty games?
The Dev Error can be caused due to various reasons. If the error occurs while you are first starting your game then, the problem might be because of a corrupt DirectX installation.
The fix would be to simply reinstall DirectX. Other reasons for the error include outdated windows, wrong date and time on the system, nonoptimal game settings, and faulty system drivers. All of these things can cause the Dev Error. The problem can also occur because of launchers.
The blizzard launcher for Call of Duty Warzone is pretty bad and the Activision launcher for Call of Duty Modern Warfare isn’t great too. Most of the time, the problems are caused because of these launchers. The Dev Error 6328 also occurs when a player tries to start the game while waiting on the multiplayer lobby.
Fixes for the Call of Duty Dev Error 6328
Fix 1 – Restart the internet/computer
The first fix for solving this problem is to just restart your internet. It is a temporary fix but hey, it could definitely work. Just restart your router and then restart your computer. See if this fixes the problem. This will eliminate all the network errors.
It will also reset the router and if the problem is being caused due to network inconsistency, this solution will probably be useful for you. Just press the reset button on a router to reset it o the default settings, it is that easy. For PC, make sure you properly turn it off. Now, turn off the power supply and wait for 1 minute before you turn it back on again.
Fix 2 – Installing the proper driver
Most of the time, the error in graphics, and in such situations, you need to install the proper drivers. Just go to Nvidia’s website and get the proper driver. In the case of AMD, you can always download the latest Radeon driver. While downloading the drivers, always download the latest ones so that you don’t face any more problems down the line.
Installing the driver is pretty easy, once you have downloaded the driver executable, just run it. Follow the on-screen prompts and there you are. Depending on the system and the driver installed, installing the driver can take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.
Fix 3 – Reinstall DirectX
As we have discussed, most of the time the problem lies with a bad copy of DirectX. When your DirectX version is bad, the game will throw out the Dev error at you. Jus reinstall the DirectX version and you should be good to go. You should install DirectX 11 if you have a bit old graphics card. But if you own the latest high-end card then, go ahead with DirectX 12. You can download and install DirectX for free so don’t worry!
Fix 4 – Clear the cache
If you use Blizzard’s launcher to play Call of Duty Warzone and constantly getting the Dev Error while trying to run the game then, it might be because of a corrupted cache. Many users have encountered this problem and have also fixed it by clearing the cache. You need to clear the cache present inside the Battle.net folder. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Close the launcher and the game before starting this fix.
- Now, go to Windows’ search bar and type “Run” and hit enter on the Run App.
- Inside the Run, App type %programdata% and hit enter. The run app will land you on the ProgramData folder.
- Inside this folder, travel in this sequence: Blizzard Entertainment > Battle.net> Cache.
- Once you are inside the cache folder, select all the files inside this folder and delete it.
- When you have deleted the cache, restart your computer and then, enjoy the game!
Fix 5 – Disable Origin Services
Origin is a game launcher from EA. If you have purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the origin and you are looking to play it from the origin launcher then, you can get this error. Thankfully you can always disable the Origin services and solve this error in no time. You need to access ‘MSConfig’ for disabling this service in windows. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Search for the Run App on the windows and open it. You will see a dialog box. Inside the box type ‘MSConfig’ and hit enter.
- This will open the system configuration screen.
- When you are in this Sys Config screen, select the Service tab present in the menu located at the top. Now, check the box that’s titled “Hide all Microsoft services.”
- After you have done this, you will be left with only third party services. Remember, Origin has a third-party service running in the background and you need to disable this. Anyway, go to the manufacturer column to see the list of third party services.
- Scroll down the list and search for the “Electronic Arts (Origin Client Services and Origin Web Helper Service)”. After you find this service, just uncheck the boxes and click on the Apply button to save all the changes.
- When you have disabled these services, simply restart your computer and launch the COD Modern Warfare. The problem might be fixed now.
The Dev Error 6328 can be a really frustrating error especially when it occurs in the middle of the game. You can fix this issue quite easily though. Disabling some services and clearing the cache will certainly fix the issue. The developers of the Call of Duty games have made a serious mistake though. The game is shipped with buggy launchers and that is causing all sorts of problems.
It might also be because of the number of players they have on a server at a time. If the game flashes you the error while you are playing it, the problem lies on the network connection either yours or Activision’s.
Similarly, sometimes the problem may occur because of the wrong graphics drivers and DirectX version. But yeah, the error can be fixed no matter what the reason is. Just follow our instructions and you should be able to fix this issue.